On-Site Team Lead
The Glass Man Professional Window Washing Company, Inc. in Ventura, CA
- Do you have want to drive, engage with clients, and lead a team to success cleaning windows and more?
- Do you have valuable experience managing a team in the field?
- Do you often lead the charge?
- Are you passionate about leading, inspiring, and empowering high performers?
- Are you competent working on high-end job sites?
- Do you have window cleaning experience?
- Are you reliable – Truly reliable?
- Would your friends say you communicate well?
- Are you athletic and excited to use your hands and body in your daily work?
About the Glass Man
The Glass Man is an elite window washing and exterior building cleaning company.
We have been in business since 2005 offering a level of service unmatched in our area. We are established with a solid client base built on a reputation of superior quality and dedication to our communities and the protection of the environment.
We provide maintenance building cleaning and window cleaning for large corporate campuses and detail residential homes before backyard weddings, family weekends, and for the pure enjoyment of clean spaces.
We are kind and well trained.
We always go above and beyond.
We ensure our teams are using only the highest quality equipment and tools and engage in continued education, always looking to improve.
We have a track record of steady growth and are building the systems and operational standards to propel our growth into the future.
As we continue to grow we are looking for ‘A’ players who understand the importance of hard work and the satisfaction of every last detail.
That’s where you come in.
This job is for you if…
- You have a strong track record of overcoming challenges successfully through pure hard work.
- You have a preference to pay attention to details and deliver error-free work.
- You thrive in an environment that requires the ability to stay in pursuit of a goal despite obstacles and challenges.
- You prefer to be out, moving around using your body and working with your hands.
Our ideal candidate should align with and ideally even be inspired by our core values.
Communication: Regular, timely, accurate.
We always work to ensure that our communication with our customers and fellow team members is regular, timely, and accurate. An ideal member of our team is a friendly people-person who can ensure our customers are HAPPY. We have a wonderful community of clients and we’d like to hire someone who will enjoy connecting with them.
Excellence: Measure twice, cut once. (do right the first time, every time)
Measure twice, cut once: in other words, we calculate every step before we take it to ensure that we are doing everything correctly from the beginning. We are surgical and precise. An ideal member of our team understands that the magic (and the mischief) is in the details.
Empathy: Genuine care for people.
This is an important trait anyone who works with us must-have. Our work takes place in intimate spaces —homes and private offices— so we are looking for people who genuinely care about the people they work with, not just the houses.
Continual Learning: Pursue growth.
We engage in initial and ongoing technical and safety and leadership training to ensure our team members are the best they can be. We are committed to learning and improving every single day.
Appreciation for wild places:
We love to get outside; hike, climb, bike, surf – an adventure in every sense of the word. We recognize the importance of protecting our planet earth; the wild places we play in. Our company donates one percent of our gross revenues to environmental causes. Everything we do stems from our love of the planet and our desire to make it healthier. We are looking for people who love being outdoors and who have a true appreciation for the wild wonders of our earth.
In the Role you will be:
- Working full time performing window cleaning and exterior building cleaning services.
- Climbing and working on ladders
- Pressure Washing.
- Working in and around commercial and residential buildings.
- Leading a small team with positive communication and delegation.
- Solving problems and finding high-quality solutions.
- Setting and hitting goals in a performance-based culture.
- Communicating with customers and ensuring a positive Jobsite experience.
- Ensuring all time budgets are met.
- Ensuring safety.
- Ensuring quality control.
- Driving a company truck and maintaining the well being of the truck and all company equipment, tools, and team members.
- Spending the majority of your days outside and at different locations every day.
- Using your muscles; arms and legs!
Reliability, Patience, Honesty, and Endurance are all necessary.
An On-Site Lead’s responsibilities include: time management, quality control, being proficient in executing all service offerings provided, and engaging in initial and continued education. Leads need to have a preference to set and hit goals.
Leads must exemplify the ability to find solutions to problems and look at challenges in a positive attitude.
Leads must have a natural preference, and the ability, to be in a leadership role by exemplifying our code of values and showing respect and courtesy to all customers and employees.
Leads should be detail-oriented, reliable, and comfortable climbing and working on ladders.
A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to and from work are also requirements.
To be a successful On-Site Lead, you should be detail-oriented, and an experienced manager and leader:
- 3+ years experience leading a high-performing team of experienced trades technicians and entry-level roles.
- Extensive trades experience. (window washing is ideal)
- Strong work ethic, professionalism, and good judgment.
- The passion for continuous improvement and sharing best practices.
- Demonstrating problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Demonstrating goal-setting preferences and leading in a performance culture.
Our Commitment to You:
It is very important to us that each of our team members feels great about the work they’re doing each day. We’ll do everything we can to ensure that you have an enjoyable experience working with us, including offering great wages, holiday pay, paid time off, and sick pay, ongoing education, proper insurance, and the high-quality tools and equipment you need to get the job done right.
You don’t need window washing experience.
While Window Washing experience is preferred, it is not necessary. We’ll give you all the training you need, plus we offer ongoing training opportunities and room to grow within the company.
We support each of our team members in pursuing ongoing education and certification opportunities. There is a fair amount of studying that goes into being a safety-trained window washing professional.
We want to be here to support you in all your life’s endeavors.
Starting pay: $15-$20/hour + paid holidays, paid time off, and more.
If this sounds like you and you feel ready to take on an awesome new adventure, use the application form below and let us know why you’d be a great fit for our team.
A Detailed Resume, MUST include:
- Complete work history with direct supervisor contact information
- A cover letter describing your favorite sports team and why you would be a good fit as an On-Site Team Lead with The Glass Man.